1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League Two chat

Discussion in 'EFL League Two' started by The Rev Skyblue, Aug 7, 2017.

1. gary_fletcher

gary_fletcher The SOLID Ked

Didn't see anything better tonight either, regardless of the win.
    Pretty sure Lindsey is the biggest issue

2. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    Mm, I didn't go but it sounds like we just have no balance. Either attack and be wide open or solid and create little.

Still, undefeated since the opening day and sitting just outside the play offs, perhaps in spite of SL. The booing of the subs and chanting you don't have a clue look pretty stupid this morning, mind.

3. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Good win at Tranmere Tuesday. They came out on the front foot after half time and I thought after the early goal they would go on and get the win, but we defended well and the best #9 in the league did the business once more. Up into the playoffs with a big game at home to 2nd placed Stevenage Saturday. I'd love to finally beat that fat twat Evans.

If we do win, we have a nice set of fixtures coming up (Wimbledon H, Harrogate A, Stockport H) before a big game at Salford.

4. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    I guess we're not as bad? Possibly some belief starting to form within the fanbase for SL and the team.

Pretty much what I hoped for was that we'd start to see some improvement once the squad had been rectified at the end of the window and sure enough in the 3 games since, we've picked up 7 points. Eight undefeated now as well so fingers crossed we can continue this upward trajectory.

5. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    We’ve reverted to type unfortunately!

6. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Followed up by our biggest win this season (and under Hughes) against Stevenage. 4 wins on the bounce with a home game against Wimbledon to come on Saturday. I think their best player and main threat is out injured too so everything points to another City win, you know what that means...

7. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  8. lendal

lendal Registered User

Supports:
    watford
    Right, at Boro v Harrogate. The sun is out, gassy lager cold :cheers:, looking forward to a bit more entertaining game than that dreary piece of Southgate defensive rubbish last night :)

9. Sgt. Serious

Sgt. Serious Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Swindon Town
    Won again
    Starting to look ok

10. GTFCfish

GTFCfish Registered User

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    You deserved the win but how we didn’t score at the end was unbelievable, could easily have scored 3 or 4 times in injury time but it just wouldn’t go in but if we had equalised it would’ve been unjust.

11. Sgt. Serious

Sgt. Serious Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Swindon Town
    Yeah, the young lad in goal Sol Brynn has looked a bit special so far this season.

Definitely an upgrade on Wollocott

12. Sgt. Serious

Sgt. Serious Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Swindon Town
    Also what did you make of the sending off.
    Only view I’ve had was camera side but both bookings looked very harsh decision but appreciated I’m blind side particularly to the second one

13. GTFCfish

GTFCfish Registered User

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    Looked very harsh IMO, ref couldn’t wait to get his red card out.

Super_horns likes this.
  14. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Looked like both went into the tackle at the same time but only saw it once on Soccer Saturday.

15. Gladders

Gladders Registered User

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    Don't think a point would have been unjust even before the red. Swindon were good on the ball and well organised, but they were dominating in the wrong areas of the pitch, not in the final third. Both their goals, (as was ours) was bad defending.

It was never a red, wasn't even a foul! Also the red was bad for us as it meant an already well organised side changed to defending the lead, we are already at our weakest in a attack so trying to break them down was never going to be easy. Prior to the red we had improved on the first half and was looking good for a point.

Felt Swindon were a good side, but never felt like we were out of the game, despite not being at our best in the first half, and some of our better players having bad games, which is probably a good sign.

16. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    I think the 2nd booking was correct but the first booking didn't even look like a foul on ifollow. Looked like Khan got a toe on the ball and put it out for a throw.

Looks like something is starting to build. We've been oayimg for a poorly organised preseason for sure.

17. Norfolk Mariner

Norfolk Mariner Registered User

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    Swindon were probably the best I've seen so far after Orient. Sort the defence out and they should be right up there at the end of the season. We didn't play that well, but we still should have got something out of the game with the chances we had late on.