1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Manchester United vs Liverpool

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Tornado, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    Leivapool and King Eric like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Ultimately we're talking in hypotheticals anyway. 98-99% of fans are going to renew regardless.

15% is still a hefty amount in income though. It probably turns any profit in to loss for the club and the owners and has the potential to be a snowball effect. If it makes the club less attractive / marketable from the outside then it might have a knock on effect to sponsors and soforth.

All hypotheticals anyway. The owners of the six (well, the 3 or 4 under pressure) will just ride it out and in 12 months it'll be a distant memory. I can't imagine there'll be too many days like yesterday once fans return and postponements are to their own inconvenience & cost.

3. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Pfizer'd twice!
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Never thought I'd find myself in agreement with Mr Spitty!

4. King Eric

King Eric Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Fair play to Carragher, actually taken the time to understand the reasoning, unlike the aforementioned muppets Souness and Jenas.

JTC77 and RedDogChris like this.
  5. Sunlight

Sunlight Registered User

Supports:
    Bolton
    Gary Neville is pretending to be a communist in his unwanted opinions on it. He wants private property such as Old Trafford abolishing, and is on the side of the fans in storming the means of production. He is determined that Man Utd be ruined and taken down. Except he doesnt want that to happen ever at Salford FC which he owns with his millionaire mates! Hmmm.
    Neville said the Glazers should be tried for their crimes in the Hague.

6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The Premier League have stated that Man United will face a penalty for not controlling fans in the postponed fixture against Liverpool.
    VAR have already advised that they will be overturning it...

Swirly Steve and StretfordEnd like this.
  7. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions

So Glazer 'ownership' has cost United £73 million a year, every year, since the parasites arrived in 2005.

[​IMG]

8. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Morning Gary

IMG-20210504-WA0006.jpg

9. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    What is your endgame here @njmcfc1894 ?

Are you in favour of the way that certain owners operate? Are you that in the thrawl of your own owners that you are willing to sit back and accept everything that they along with the other 5 clubs tried to do? I know you often mention the days prior to City success and reminisce about the good old days, but you don't (if you don't mind me saying so) seem that arsed about what went on (or certainly don't lay any blame or seem to want any recriminations against the owners). Just because the owners of a club spend money, doesn't mean that they are immune from critisicm for their actions.

We have met chief, and tbh you came across as a sound, down to earth bloke (I was surprised.....;) ), but I fail to see, putting club loyalties aside what you disagree with here. ;(

10. njmcfc1894

Supports:
    manchester city
    I am a nice guy haha

I'm sick of hearing these so called ex footballers waffling on as if they represent the fans, Neville especially, i'd love a local lad from Longsight to own City but we tried that with ones from Rochdale and Altrincham and it never worked long term, owners see it as a business then and now, I don't think the Sheikh or Pep or Aguero give a **** what I think, I did the protesting when Swales and Lee were in charge , very privileged position as a match going fan , I've no issue with what went on Sunday as I probably would've joined in if we broke into Maine Road at height of Swales out protest, I think when owners have spent £90m on players and bought in 12 trophies then I prefer look at Coventry, Bolton, Blackpool and Charlton as clubs in trouble.

(Yes i know I'm waffling now haha )

Twitter better for me as I get lost haha

11. StretfordEnd

Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    I too get sick of S*Y pundits talking as if they have always been against the Glazer scum, but both Neville and even Spitty Carragher talk more sense than you do. For all your waffling about European football and the rest ultimately you turn a blind eye to the people who own city so long as they continue to pour in hundreds of millions of oil revenue. Just like when Thaksin Shinawatra was in charge, city fans support owners like other club's fans support players, probably because you know their money is all that stops you from becoming an irrelevance again. That's all fine if that's the way you want to play it, but you can't then pretend you're anything other than a glory hunting plutocrat who looks down his nose at clubs that pay their own way in the world and always have done.

12. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Tbh chief, the fact they spent money and won trophies is secondary. Looking at it like that is basically saying they can do what they like as long as they spend and bring us trophies. Surely that is the true definition of glory hunting?

13. njmcfc1894

Supports:
    manchester city
    What would new owners do at United? Current ones already spend money, if Sheikh ****ed off tomorrow so be it, I've seen more than I thought I ever would, supporting City has never been about trophies for me, as you say I go on about the old days alot more than Current days, yesterday the whatsapp group was all about the 23 year anniversary of Dropping to 3rd tier, what a day at Stoke that was.

14. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You are missing the point here though. Regardless of what they spend, they have taken huge amounts from the club without putting a penny in, the club shouldn't be saddled with £500m debt, do you not see that chief, along with this tinpot notion of taking us into a Super League, there is plenty of reason for folk to protest regardless of trophies or money spent.

RedDevilsShinja likes this.
  15. njmcfc1894

Supports:
    manchester city
    No one forces them or Madrid/Barca to pay there debts so UEFA need get a grip of all finances from CL teams right down to the bottom off the pyramid. Maybe that might get them to sell.

16. Stevencc

Stevencc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    A screenshot of a Daily Mail headline is probably the worst way to make a point besides smearing a statement in shit on a public toilet wall.

King Eric and upper90 like this.
  17. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    They have cost the club £73m a year, put the club into debt, not allowed a penny to be spent on the ground, never engaged with the fans, have no interest in football, yet United fans should be happy because the club still has money to spend on players after loan repayments, interest, dividends and directors' salaries?

Giving the Glazers credit for allowing the club to spend some money on players, is like patting Matt Hancock on the back for buying a few face masks after he's given public PPE money away to his mates. It is not the Glazers' money that is being spent, it is money generated by the club, and they are wasting a big chunk of it.

#217 JTC77, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  18. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    On the other side of this though, playing devils advocate a bit, how much should owners be profiting from the clubs they own?

19. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    £Nil.

Football clubs should be non for profit organisations like charities, social or community clubs. Historically a lot of owners did run clubs this way, and many would have lost money investing in the team they support.

Technically, I am in the wrong, and owners can do what they want with the business they own, which is why there is such a big divide between some fans and some owners.

20. Dutch

Dutch Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool FC
    Spitty Carragher :laugh:.