1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Marlet

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by [email protected], Sep 3, 2001.

1. K@mpso

[email protected] Northern Ireland

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Does anyone know anything about him apart from he's a striker who was signed from Lyon or somewhere for a record fee of £11.5m??? :confused:

2. Cjm24

Cjm24 FF Old School

Never heard of him mate-have Fulham actually signed him?
    Do they need him with the pace and goals that Saha brings?

3. K@mpso

Supports:
    Manchester United
    They sure have signed him!!!

As if they needed another striker - but he must have something if Tigana has spent that much on him.

4. £Jonni£

£Jonni£ Registered User

Marlet Info

Hi guys. Im a Fulham fan so I guess I should know bout our players lol. Marlet was signed from Lyon for a large sum of money as I'm sure you're aware. He was a 20 goal a season man for Lyon and has played for France. He's currently injured but should be in action soon to create a deadly striking force with Louis Ooh Aah Saha :). At the start of the season Tigana left the No 9 spot open and this is the man to fill it. Every is confident we have another star Frenchman and I look foward to him scaring the hell out of English defences :

Here are some stats for you:
    DOB: 1/10/74
    Born in: Pithiers
    Previous Clubs: Red Star, Auxerre, Lyon
    History:
    Steve Marlet became the Club's record signing when he joined from Lyon for £11.5 million pounds in August 2001.

Marlet joined Lyon in 2000 and in and his first season at the Stade Gerland, where he switched from winger to centre forward, was crowned with a call up to Roger Lemerre's French squad.

Marlet's pace and movement alongside Sonny Anderson and Sidney Govou caused problems to the likes of Arsenal and Bayern Munich in the Champions' League last season and he also helped the club secure their first trophy - the French League Cup - for 28 years.

He scored his first international goal against South Korea in the Confederations Cup earlier in the summer of 2001.

Marlet played over 100 games for Auxerre, having joined them from the lower-division Paris side Red Star.

Fulham fans world wide will be hoping that Marlet can continue his goal scoring feats at Craven Cottage.

Jon

5. K@mpso

Supports:
    Manchester United
    That was one hell of a debut post!!!

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy!!! :)

6. Chazza

Chazza Muffin-less

Supports:
    West Ham Utd
    Reports suggest Marlet could make his debut over the weekend? What I've seen of him I have to be honest and say I wasn't to impressed but if he brings 20 goals a season to Fulham there is no doubt he'll be a good signing. What about poor Barry Hayles though?

7. Roger Hanin

Roger Hanin Registered User

not bad Jonni

well what to say about this player? (I am french).

I was playing as a winger in Auxerre, but completely exploded last year when he was transfered to Lyon and played as a striker.

he is very fast and powerful, has good skills with his head, is quite clever when he plays. This guys eat spaces.
    he was very popular in Lyon and I think he has all the qualities needed to play in the English PremierChip. U could compare him by the way of playing to Owen or Anelka.

but it is not the kind of striker I prefer, he has no genius and his ball control has nothing exceptional.

For sure he should do great things with Fulham, but I don't think he has the level to play in the French NT.

8. Chazza

Chazza Muffin-less

Supports:
    West Ham Utd
    With 0 goals so far Marlet's start hasn't been great. Have we got the next Juan Pablo Angel on our hands or is it a little to early to measure the French mans progress?