1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Next Swans Manager

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Cotterill:49, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
  2. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Surprised by that Cooper news thought he was a good fit.

Some good coaches available like Howe & Wilder tbf.

3. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Having been assistant to Warbs, he should be playing the Swansea way at least.

No chance of them being able to attract Wilder or Howe btw Muller

Cotterill:49 likes this.
  4. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    He was doing well with us, but there was some sort of fall out between him and the people above him.

No chance. We're about five or six years past that level of ambition. It's going to be someone who hasn't really managed at this level yet, someone along the lines of Cameron Toshack, John Eustace, Graeme Jones, Alan Tate.

5. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Yeah just saw the bookies list don't know much about them but you lot have a really good record of picking coaches tbf.

6. HappilyLost

HappilyLost Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    A good time for Steve Cooper to leave in terms of maintaining his reputation.

Swansea have lost two key players in Ayew and Guehi as well as Routledge getting a year older. There is a bit of a rebuild job coming up at Swansea, and apparently not a lot of money floating around? So he leaves with his reputation intact, with very little negativity on his C.V.

No idea who Swansea will hire.

7. MagpieBee

MagpieBee Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    Could be a tough year for Swansea unless the owners can put some investment in - seems an odd time to do it though as would have been better to spend alongside the quality loan deals Cooper was able to bring in - so I would guess there won’t be much, and that’ll have been a big part of why Cooper has gone.

Good youth pipeline and some quality players left means you should be safe mid table but play offs might be beyond you this year. All unknown really.

8. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    We do, but we've not got any of the structure from any of the previous appointments. Steve Cooper was selected by Trevor Birch and Leon Britton, both no longer with the club.

There's Freddie Woodman as well, who's established himself as one of the best in the league over the last couple of years. He's been replaced by Steven Benda, who's completely inexperienced at this level.

Conor Hourihane as well is a loss, didn't do as well here as we'd have thought but scored some crucial goals. He's likely been replaced by Liam Walsh, on a free from Bristol City.

Guehi's been replaced by Joel Latibuediere in the starting eleven, who we signed on a free from City a year ago (Guehi's just gone for £18m) and Ayew's been replaced by a combination of younger players (Joel Piroe, Kyle Joseph, Morgan Whittaker). It's a big ask for us to maintain top six for sure.

9. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I would not be shocked to see Swansea in a relegation fight this season.

Riverside likes this.
  10. Hugh Jerection

Hugh Jerection Registered User

Supports:
    Cardiff City
    That's the problem with loan players, they're not yours and if they perform well then they'll go on to better things. Without the benefit of parachute payments it's a struggle for all championship clubs, as the pandemic has cost big time. I suppose we will all be lucky to still have a team to support. As regards a new manager, you'll probably do like us and go for the cheaper option, shocked that Cooper has gone, especially as he doesn't appear to have anything lined up.

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Good luck to him - certainly is a big job for his first one.

12. Poole Jack

Poole Jack Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City
    Tate :D

13. Poole Jack

Supports:
    Swansea City
    We won't make the playoffs not even close. Also i think we have enough about us not to be in the bottom 3 either. Transition year again, plenty of young talent still and a new playing style too enjoy moving on from Cooper's dire yet function football.

14. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Sure, at some stage you need to be willing to invest in these players longer-term, but I don't think we had much of an option in terms of strategy without any real backing.

There wasn't any chance of us getting play-offs two seasons ago without Brewster, Guehi, Woodman and Gallagher; and there wasn't any chance of us getting play-offs last season without Guehi, Woodman and Hourihane. Cooper's done remarkably well to keep us competitive in the top six on loans, with nearly all of the loan signings being successful.

15. Cotterill:49

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Looks like it will be John Eustace, he's been interviewed and a decision's expected tomorrow after QPR gave us permission to talk to him. Could see him bring Angel Rangel back to the club in some sort of coaching capacity, would certainly be a popular decision and plenty have seen Rangel as future manager for some time.

Who knows what it'll bring, but I do expect us to be firmly in mid-table next season not challenging either end of the table.

16. Poole Jack

Supports:
    Swansea City
    There is always a job for the old boys.. dare say you could right about Rangel, still lives in the area too

17. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Julian Winter working wonders again I see, we're still picking up the pieces from his time here.

18. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Could you explain more please, I have no idea about this guy?

19. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Upset the players/staff, signed shite, poor communication, poor decisions - just a waste of time really, was soon got rid of. Believe he's been the same at most clubs he's been at.

20. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Will be interesting to see how Eustace does, he got down to the final 3 of our recruitment process, he's highly thought of in the game.