1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Talking about any stuff.....

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by redsoxs, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    £50m for Matip, who'll be turning 30 in August, would be fantastic business. Surely not. We know his quality but it's that we so rarely get to see it anymore. It's also more than we were supposedly quoted for Tapsoba on deadline day in this window! I'd trust Michael Edwards to be able to do very well with that amount.

2. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Yeah he just takes up a place in the squad, we think we have a very good defender but we really just have extra work for the medical team, hurts our depth. We need continuity at CB but he's a liability. Still, I don't see him leaving until he falls down the pecking order and can't get a game. If Kabak or whoever else we'd sign instead knocked him down to 4th he may leave like Lovren did but could take a while.
    No chance of that much with his injury record. Plus we usually keep these crocks hanging around... Ox, Lallana etc. Would love us just to cut these guys like Ox, Origi and sadly Matip loose but not Klopp's style. Migs was mediocre for years and he had to beg Klopp to sell him. :laugh: He's so loyal!

MrLeeLemon likes this.
  3. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We are never going see Naby’s potential come to fruition so I agree we might as well sell him. It’s a shame as I think there is a very gifted player in him.

4. Frosty

Frosty Champions Of Europe

Supports:
    Liverpool
    If £50 million offer came in for Matip, I would snap it up. Brilliant defender, and would sad to see him go, but unfortunately we can't afford to keep waiting for him to be fit all the time. That money would be useful to bring in a replacement, and if Kabak lives up to expectation, I'd pay the £18 million out of the money we get from Matip.

Keita I don't see us selling to be honest, especially after Klopp came out and said about properly managing him in hope that it would help his intergration to the team, and not taking risks by pushing him straight back into the team.

5. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Minamino has 2 goals in his last 2 PL starts...

Meanwhile Origi hasn't scored a league goal since July.

Dutch likes this.
  6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Just been reading an article there and it struck home and was something I too had on my mind. Maybe the explanation for our capitulation lies in our title win and how everything around it happened.

You're talking about a club that hadn't won the title for 30 years, huge club, used to winning titles, so pressure was immense, the side plays out of their skin to absolutely canter to what was looking like a great and historical title win (possible records galore), then covid happened. They didnt get to celebrate the title win, they didnt get to bask in the glory, have a tour of the city, enjoy it all, nothing, just a sterile presentation in an empty stadium, even this season we'd have been enjoying Anfield literally bouncing every home game....nothing. What should have been a season when our fans in the ground should have been embracing all the glory, singing champions, et all...nothing.

Maybe, just maybe that's had a negative effect on players, maybe it feels a bit like "What was the point?" Maybe its dampened their appetite which could explain why the side seems to be so "flat" this season. Even before this poor run we'd not been as exhilarating, hell you could even go right back to the return from the initial covid break last season, when whether we'd even be crowned champions was unclear our form was up and down.

Dutch likes this.
  7. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
  8. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Coronavirus restrictions prevent Jürgen Klopp attending mother's funeral
    Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp was unable to go to Germany for the funeral of his mother on Tuesday because of the current travel restrictions in place amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Klopp paid an emotional tribute to Elisabeth after her death, aged 81, but it is understood he could not attend the funeral in-person in his native Germany due to fears of spreading Covid-19 strains from high-risk countries.

“She meant everything to me. She was a real mum in the best sense of the word,” Klopp told German newspaper Schwarzwaelder Bote. “As a devout Christian, I know she is in a better place now.

“The fact that I can’t be at the funeral is due to the terrible times, but as soon as the circumstances allow, we will hold a wonderful commemoration that is appropriate to it.”

On Wednesday, Liverpool tweeted a message of support for their manager which read: “You’ll never walk alone, Jürgen.”

Sad to hear, feel for him. :no:

For all the people getting their knickers in a twist because he was terse with some reporter... you never know what somebody is going through.

King_Kenny and Dutch like this.
  9. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    The mask is slipping apparently...or he's just a ****ing human being with emotions.

King_Kenny and MrLeeLemon like this.
  10. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Sad news. Can't begin to understand how not being able to attend your mums funeral must feel, not sure on rules on things like that. Could he go over and quarintine?

Keep your barbed comments for a different time though lads. Point scoring not really needed is it.

PorkchopExpress and Richard like this.
  11. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Posted and kept in the Liverpool subsection of the forum for a reason. No interest in causing any arguments, unless others feel the need to come in here to try?

And apparently not, isn't an acceptable exemption. Appears the German Government is taking a very tough stance on the new variant .

King_Kenny likes this.
  12. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Only read comments didn't realise it was in here. Point stands but fair enough apologies.

MrLeeLemon likes this.
  13. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    How sad when people can’t attend a loved ones funeral. Must be awful. Probably partly explains why he’s being a bit tetchy recently. The sooner this world goes back to normal the better.

King_Kenny and MrLeeLemon like this.
  14. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    That's horrible, poor guy.

15. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Guy at Co-op today was trying to claim one (of two) of my fifty pound notes was a fake today, was trying to get it cashed onto my Monzo. Chanelled my inner Kenny at the Emirates.

The note was accepted.

Muller likes this.
  16. Frosty

Frosty Champions Of Europe

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think it probably would be better for Klopp to pull out of the limelight and allow Pepijn Lijnders to conduct the post match interviews and build up, and allow Klopp some personal space to grieve and get his head focused, rather than having to deal with the press asking questions that he is snapping back at.

17. wongers

wongers Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    Banner outside the ground today just to let Jurgen know were all behind him

IMG-20210214-WA0003.jpg

18. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
  19. Geeza1985

Geeza1985 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I feel like giving up on football this year.. but then I remember that past few years we've been pretty spoilt by Klopp and the team. I still remember the school days when my man utd mates would give us hell, so things aren't all that bad.

Couple of things are for sure though, VAR is shit and we're missing the fans. Secure top 4 and start again next season :)

20. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    There is something interesting about having to see the team fight back from a set back tbh.