1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Talking about any stuff.....

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by redsoxs, Nov 12, 2011.

1. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Only Salah...
    "When Riyad Mahrez curled a magnificent strike past Jordan Pickford last night to put Manchester City back in front against Everton at Goodison Park, it was his 48th left-footed goal in the Premier League since the start of the 2014/15 season.
    In that time, only Mohamed Salah (74) has more, despite only joining Liverpool in the summer of 2017.
    "When Jamie Vardy capitalised on a calamitous mix-up between Alisson Becker and Ozan Kabak to put Leicester City in front against Liverpool last weekend, it was his 35th league goal since the start of last season.
    In that time, only Salah (36) has more.
    When Bruno Fernandes netted a sublime volley to equalise for Manchester United against West Bromwich Albion last weekend, it was his 14th league goal of the season.
    Only Salah (17) has more.
    'And when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored his hat-trick goal for Arsenal against Leeds United, it was his 62nd league goal since making his Arsenal debut in February 2018.
    In that time, only Salah (71) has more.

Muller, Machida and Dutch like this.
  2. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.

All you can do is laugh. . .:laugh:

3. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Madness really. His hand is forced though now, he has to go with 2 centre backs and it should be Kabak and Davies, and just stick with it whatever may come. Until VVD is back of course.

4. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Unfunny gif is unfunny.

5. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I'd say your terminology needs a revamp son ,but I'd settle for someone just ripping out one of your lungs ,you obnoxious vile little man. I'm actually embarrassed that you profess to supporting the same team I do. I mean, incorporating words into a sentence like you used 'in the one I quoted' in description of anyone 'let alone' the Liverpool manager is f*cking worm like.

6. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Read it but thought it was an age thing tbh.

Was a proper offensive term when I was growing up, so much so the Spastic Society changed it's name to S.C.O.P.E. if I recall correctly?

Not sure it therefore has the same resonance with a younger generation.

7. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Still offensive fella and f*ck the resonance ,it still reverberates as a f*cking slant.

8. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Fair enough. Just trying to add balance. I will now retreat....

9. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    My apologies mate ,I have a son who has Dyspraxia ADHD and Asperger's,he's actually statemented as borderline autistic ,so the kind of ignorance shown by some tends to gall.

King_Kenny and The Doc like this.
  10. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    I'm sure you'll get over it x

11. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Hendo out for about a month ffs we may actually get to see our CBs play at CB now though ^_^

12. Sme

Sme Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Nah Firmino to play center back against Sheffield United.

Muller likes this.
  13. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Just reading Mark Twattenburgs remarks on the pen in the derby

1) no one has said he dived and 2) Trent lifted his head? WTF is he supposed to do? Lie prone on the floor till the all clear?

Does everything have to be black or white? It was no dive just as it was no foul, just a coming together...

This game just gets more farcical by the week

#8253 King_Kenny, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  14. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
  15. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    "I think everyone agrees we cannot let the players go and play for their country and come back and quarantine for 10 days in a hotel, that is not how we can do it,”

“FIFA was kind of clear that we don't have to let the players go this time, and I think all the clubs agree that with the same problems we cannot just let the boys go,”

“We can’t just wait to sort the situation when they come back by placing our players in a 10-day quarantine in a hotel, it is just not possible.”

“I understand the need of the different FAs, but we have to admit the players are paid by the clubs so it means we have to be first priority,”

“This is a time where we cannot make everyone happy. We are not 100 per cent sure as some countries may decide to change the venues they play, and go to non-red zone countries"

“The whole situation is similar to the Champions League in terms of where we play and you have to wait until the last second. We cannot be influential in it. We just deal with what other people decided.”

Lifted from Jurgen Klopps press conference

Sme likes this.
  16. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I feel a bit sorry for the Liverpool fans who frequent social media who are relatively new to this supporting lark. Let me just put your mind at rest this is nothing new ,the premiership years have in general not been kind to Liverpool fans and there has been a great deal of sufferance that went hand in hand with some wondrous European nights ,so try not to get too disheartened when the clamor to denigrate the manager and the team builds into a crescendo of hollow noise because as a 'supporter' who hasn't just stuck a pin in a f*cking PaniniI sticker album to choose his team I know that this club has a propensity to proffer something beautiful for their fans just when you least expect it ,think of it as a gift ,a kind of healing patch 'if you like' when the consistency we've chased down for countless seasons proves more elusive the harder we pursue.

It happens and the less knee jerk you are will pay dividends, as it will set you aside as one of the more discernible sets of fans ,not prone to making threatening asides to manager and playing personnel ,another bonus is it will make you as thick skinned as yours truly who after surviving many seasons of indifference from players and managers alike ,has arrived at the conclusion it was all f*cking worth it in the end.

damo79 likes this.
  17. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
  18. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    U23s striker Layton Stewart, who'd been around the fringes of the first team squad at times, has suffered a ruptured ACL. Rotten luck for the lad.

Young strikers here who seem to be making strides forward seem to be cursed with injury, Yesil, Brewster, through to Glatzel and now Layton Stewart.

19. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    This 3 week gap between games is f*cking painful. More reason to hate international football.

20. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Yeah that is a lot of youth strikers who have really been hit with bad luck on injuries. I swear Woodburn had an issue too at a point?