1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Fulham Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by OptimusPrime, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Chill125

Chill125 Pwoud, very pwoud

Supports:
    Everton
    Should always listen to your head not your hart.:laugh:

2. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Thank god that ugly-faced rubbish won't be joining us! :clap:

3. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    That's because he doesn't want to.

4. Tigerferry

Supports:
    Hull City
    Exactly. Hence the good news! :clap:

5. Mallets

Mallets Registered User

Well Crouch is out of the picture,... who next? Does Roy go in for another striker, or look at other positions? I'd look at Benjani from City. Can play with Johnson, or as lone striker.

6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    Anyone but Benjani. We need someone who can score.

7. Mallets

Mallets Registered User

Then who? Name a striker available within in Fulham's price range. And it should be one who's proven he can score in the Prem (or at least another major Euro league). Benjani scored 12 goals in half a season for Portsmouth. Surely that suggest he can score. Is he Rooney or Torres,... hell no! But he'd be a solid buy for Fulham.

And with City big loaded (with money & strikers) Fulham should be able to be taken off their hands for cheap.

#107 Mallets, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  8. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    In my opinion Benjani is worse than Bobby Zamora. Although he has scored 4 in 21 for City, it is still not a prolific goalscorers record. Strikers in our price range, Dean Ashton, Marouane Chamakh, John Carew (if Villa get another striker) and Eidur Gudjohnsen. The only one of those strikers which would cost more than £10m would be Chamakh, and he has the worst goal-scoring record of the mentioned.

9. Mallets

Mallets Registered User

I admit, I'm a fan of Ashton,... but he is extremely injury prone. His fee would probably be close to the 10mil mark,... and I would think an up and coming team like Fulham would not need to take such risk with their limited funds. I didn't think Carew was even an option (can't see him leaving,... and can't see Villa sell him to someone who will be in direct competition for a place in Europe,... the fight for 5th or 6th place).

Gudjohnsen would be a very good buy. Don't know much about Chamakh,... but as you said,... he'd certainly be over 10mil. Though in Europe, Fulham are a small club (as a whole). Finishing in 7th last year, if they do well in Europe, and being based in London,... Fulham could surely be on their way up. And I hope so,... I'd like to see them upset Chelsea.

It's definitely a time when Fulham could move up in the footballing world,... but they'll have to spend very wisely,... seeing that they are, as of now, as small club.

10. WBArgo

WBArgo Registered User

Looks like Greening is off to you lot for around £4+ million, which is ok I suppose for both teams, but I don't really know where he'll fit in with your midfield.
    Meh. Goodbye legend!

11. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    He'll be back-up to Murphy as far as I can tell. It is a pretty bad deal from our point of view, £4m+ for a 30 year old who is past his best and will only be used as back up.

12. Clark's Pie Red

Clark's Pie Red ...is in bed

Supports:
    Bristol City
    There have been rumours at our end that you're trying to re-sign Liam Fontaine from us, these rumours have been fuelled by the fact that he hasn't started our last 2 games. Any rumours at your end?

13. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    Heard nothing about that down our end. Probably just a rumour.

14. Clark's Pie Red

Clark's Pie Red ...is in bed

Supports:
    Bristol City
    I really hope so. One of the best defenders in this league, could easily cut it in the Prem. Doubt you'll be in for him unless you lose Hangeland though.

15. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    Turns out this is a season long loan with a view to buy at the end. I have no idea why you have agreed to this because by the time the loan ends he will be out of contract which means we can sign him on a free if we want to. You were stupid to reject £4m for him.

16. Albion24

Albion24 Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    LOL. Sorry to piss on your fire mate but your not getting him for nothing. You should know what our chairman is like after selling Dio for 6m. You robbed us for Zoltan, bargain he was and now we're robbing you. You get him on loan for the season then it's made into a perm deal even if he doesn't play 0 games and he has a broken leg. We've done this type of deal before before with Davies + Robinson. We also did it with Horsefield and Sheff Utd tried to pull out the perm deal at the end but they couldn't.

Proof : http://www.birminghammail.net/birmi...ing-poised-to-sign-for-fulham-97319-24490898/

Thanks for the 4.5m. :clap:

Got your self a decent player. Good luck Jonno.

17. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    I posted that before I read what was the actual deal was.

18. Nr1

Nr1 Since 1986

Supports:
    Newcastle United & USA NT
  19. Tigerferry

Supports:
    Hull City
    I thought he changed clubs ages ago.

20. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Cottaging

Supports:
    Fulham
    Stefano Chuka Okaka looks like he could be on his way to Fulham.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=goal-romasstefanookakaallsetforf&prov=goal&type=lgns

Personally, if this happens I will be glad. When I saw him play at the Cottage I was impressed by him and as he is still young it means he should progress in the future.