1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Norwich City Transfer Tittle-Tattle Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Dion, May 29, 2012.

1. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Just to stop this sub-forum from dying a slow and painful death over the summer. We do have a 'summer dealings' thread but that was more looking ahead to who we'd get rid of.

So what are the rumours that people have heard? Snodgrass seems to be the main one, as well as Pacheco. I'd be happy with either or both of those two + keeping Holt. Slightly concerned that Lambert hasn't started as early as he usually does though...especially with a lot of our rivals starting to make moves...

2. kingdave

kingdave Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    keep your hands off snodgrass we want him!

3. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Don't need Snodgrass, need good defenders, Ie Gunter, Dann, Johnson, Berra, Wheater.

4. PUA

PUA Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    We found out why...

5. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Well Holt may be off but at least Elliott Ward and Korey Smith are still here...

Tbf we have retained the services of Fox and Jackson too, which I think was fairly important, particularly Fox.

Slightly worried about the lack of ambition this shows on our part though. We just about carried Ward's blunders last season, dunno if we can do it again. And I can't see what use we're going to get out of Smith next season, if any. Surely he'll just be taking up room in the 25?

6. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Hopefully an untrue rumour, Ruddy to follow Lambert

7. Trundle

Trundle Registered User

I was also told this but can not see it surely with Given there they will be looking at different area's to bring in you never now though I think I read Given was not happy at Villa.

8. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Turns out it was, he's signed a new four-year deal :D. Very pleasing that is.

Good old Ruddy, one player who hasn't let all this England stuff go to his head...

9. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Yep, saw that on Anglia news and Sky Sports. Nice one :)

10. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Probably means he's committed to staying with us for this season which is good news. If he has another good year, we stay up I can see some interest the following summer. Hopefully Holt will follow suit in the next few days, they must be trying to agree something.

11. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Rumour has it that Hughton is in talks with Holt. How true that is, I don't know.

I am not sure how I feel about Holt now. If nothing had happened at the end of the season, I would have been overjoyed at him staying for another season or two. Now, because of his silly comments on twitter and other happenings, I can't but help think he doesn't want to be at the Club, so let him go. Like I have said before, no point him staying if thats how he feels.

12. PUA

PUA Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    It is true but they haven't met face to face yet. I don't believe for a second it is how the agent is saying it is - ie wants a 1 year extension.
    I think it's more likely he wants double wages + a 1 year extension! Rumor is he is on around ~20k p/w at the moment.

Quite a few of our players have signed new contracts - Ruddy has signed for 4 years and the club has an option to extend it by 1 year, Surman and R. Martin have also signed new deals.

It seems QPR are spending like crazy again - keeping their policy of washed up has beens on 60k a week!

I hope to see some activity soon.

13. Jim_NCFC

Jim_NCFC Registered User

Must confess i am itching for us to get into the transfer market again. Think we have been a bit spoilt in the last few years by the amount of business that has been done early in the summer.

Have heard we are after Curtis Davies. Not too many other names being banded about yet though!

14. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I'm also getting a little bit concerned about our lack of activity. I know it's yonks until the transfer window closes but we'd signed five players by July 6th last year, I'd be happy with one by that date this time around.

Not that it matters too much really, but Saints and Reading have already made big signings and QPR are well under way with their business. I guess we've had the hassle of the manager and Holt's hissy fit this summer but I hope we get moving soon, otherwise a lot of potential targets will have been snapped up.

15. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    The rumour that Leon Best and Chris Burke are coming to Carrow Road is doing the rounds. Also Jordan Rhodes could be off to Reading

16. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I'm not reading any more into the Best, Burke and Davies rumours than the usual 'Manager Looks To Sign Old Players' by the press when they haven't got anyone else to link us with. There might be some mileage in the rumours but a Newcastle fan I know predicted we'd be linked with Best before it hit the press so I'm not so sure.

As for Rhodes, that would just be another target we'll have missed out on by not moving quickly enough. This might be the first in a long list of Reasons Why We Will Miss Lambert...as he rarely seemed to lose out in the transfer market.

17. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I think with it being a new manager he's not suddenly just going to come in and make lots of signings. It will take him time to see what he's got and who he needs to sign. The Holt saga isn't helping either as Hughton might have another £6m to work with.

It certainly doesn't help our preparations but when you appoint a new manager it's always going to disrupte the summer transfer activity.

18. Ronny_Glavin

Ronny_Glavin 125 mediocre years of BFC

Supports:
    Barnsley FC
    Any of you heard Butterfield has passed a medical at Carrow Road?

If so I glad for the lad, he's ran ouur gaes for the first half of the season before dirty leeds' Micheal Brown ruptured his knee.
    He might not be upto Premier League standard as yet, but in 2 years, with the right amount of game time he will be at least good enough for a mid-table prem side.

19. PUA

PUA Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich
    Steven Whittaker is confirmed - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7853245/Norwich-sign-Whittaker

28 so has experience and can play anywhere in defence, or midfield although is primarily a right back. We did need another right back and we do need another left back also.

He seems to have a good left foot on him.

I generally think it's a bad idea to sign players from Scotland as they simply can't cut it in the Championship let alone the Prem - Barry Ferguson and Boumsong were so crap it was untrue. It's hard to think of a single good player that has come from Scotland (maybe Antii Niemi?) and easy to name a dozen that have been crap.

However he is free and is at the right age so will give him a chance, but not expecting much!

Also Jordan Rhodes could be off to Reading

He is player I like, I think he is am excellent prospect for whoever signs him.

#19 PUA, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
  20. delr

delr Former Bluenose

Supports:
    Rangers & Man City
    Whittaker is very suspect in defending tbh, would be better at right midfield. He can score some quality goals, can be very good on his day, but he dosnt show that anywhere near enough.

In reply to your comment regarding players from Scotland going to England, Charlie Adam has done decent, Burke was great last season, Dorrans can be decent at times, Snodgrass at Leeds, Jelavic has been good for Everton, the ex Celtic player who went to Southampton last season has been good, Maloney helped Wigan stay in the league, McArthur and McCarthy are decent at Wigan also Caldwell has been decent for them, Naismith will be good ( if rumours of him going to Everton are true ) imo. Some players at Celtic would do well in the prem imo, Kayal, Forrest, Wanyama and Mulgrew i think would do well in the EPL, Gary Hooper maybe but i dunno as he does remind me of Kris Boyd a bit.

#20 delr, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012