1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Norwich City Transfer Tittle-Tattle Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Dion, May 29, 2012.

1. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Howson has signed a new deal, keeping here til 2018. More good news.

2. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Good news about Howson :thumb

3. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Ruddy, Bassong and Howson now tied down, well done to the board and the manager.

4. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Jacob and Josh Murphy both signed long term contracts with the club.

5. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Window now open. What do you think we need to sign before February 1st? I think that we definitely need a centre back, and possibly a right back. We also need a striker if we're gonna sell Becchio. A winger wouldn't be a bad thing, as at times this season we've had to put Whittaker on the wing, or bring on 18 year old Josh Murphy.

These are the only rumours I've heard so far:

in:

Samuel Inkoom (Free agent) CB
    Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV) CAM
    Danny Ings (Burnley) ST
    Steven Defour (Porto) CM
    Nicolas Blandi (Boca) ST
    Nick Powell (Man.Utd) CAM/ST

Out:

Hoolahan - Villa
    Becchio - Wolves, Burnley, Leeds
    Fer - Napoli, Lazio
    Pilkington - Newcastle
    Josh Murphy - Barnsley (loan)

Anyone else heard anything?

6. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    I haven't heard anything, as yet. The Pink Un is full of real tittle tattle, but not sure what to read into it all, if anything.

In :

We need a centre midfield, I think, and, a centre back for definite, like you say. A striker is we do get rid of Becchio.

Out :

Hughton ;) only joking (I think..)
    Becchio - wouldn't worry me too much. We don't know what we will miss as we've not seen him play.

We'd be silly to sell Hoolahan, but he might want to go if he's not getting regular football. I'd like to keep hold of Pilkington, too.

Fer I've mixed feelings about. He was great, but lately he's been a bit of a liability. I think keep hold if we can.

Maybe getting players in on loan would be an idea. The team seem to be dropping like flies.

7. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    :laugh:

I'd love Nick Powell here, and think I said as much in the summer. Can play behind the striker or up front as the lone man (at least he has done for Wigan this season), exactly what we'd need. Unfortunately though his loan with Wigan is until the end of the season so think we can knock that one on the head. We do need someone in that role though, so Elmander never has to play there again. And a winger as well ideally.

Pilkington's contract's up in the summer isn't it? I'd never like to lose a player for free but wouldn't be that gutted if he left. Good player though he can be, he's too often missing from games. A lot of criticism's been labelled at Snoddy lately but (yesterday aside) he'll always put himself about and be involved in the game, for good or bad, and so can Redmond to an extent. Too often with Pilkington you get the feeling he's hiding. But like I say, very good player on his day.

Anyone know the situation with David Fox by the way? Don't suppose he'll ever feature for us again but with 3/4 CMs out on Saturday, if he ever does then this is the time.

8. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Well he signed on a 3 month loan deal at Barnsley at the end of September. So I assume that he'll return here pretty soon. Don't know if that's been extended since though.

9. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Fox is back from loan and available for selection again (I assume) I can't see him suddenly forcing his way back into the first team but I guess might be involved in the cup.

A wide player would be on the list for me. Snodgrass just hasn't done it this season, Pilkington & Bennett are both crocked, that then leaves Redmond whose a good player but can't be relied upon all the time. I suppose looking at our goals for tally another striker (seem to always say this every window) or perhaps an AMC? I don't really know really, wouldn't be surprised if only 1 player came in, a loan or something. If Becchio went then perhaps another striker.

10. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
  11. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    We should try and keep hold of Hoolahan. He got MOTM against Man Utd and was effective. He might, however, want to go as he hasn't started many games this season and will want regular football.

12. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    There'd be a fair few Premier League clubs who'd love to have Hoolahan in their side. Just a shame our manager views players with any sort of technical ability with massive suspicion. :no:

13. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Apparently we're targeting Newcastle's Jonas Gutierrez. Really hope that doesn't happen.

14. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    God I'd forgotten all about him :laugh:

Didn't he play in the Argentina team at the last World Cup under that madman Maradona? It could easily be one of those rumours that exists just because Hughton once managed him, like James Perch or Marlon King. I'll wait until it's looking a bit more concrete before getting excited but he wouldn't be bad if we could keep him fit.

15. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I think he did. He's about 30 now though so he's probably not quite the player he was then. There's been no news of a bid just that we're interested.

Apparently we're lining up a deal for Jonny Heitinga. Just from what Everton fans have said on here it sounds like he was their best player a couple of seasons ago so if we can get him back to that sort of form then he'd be a great signing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-snubbed-West-Ham-switch.html#ixzz2pZ6FdKgL

16. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Apparently we're looking at bringing Wilfred Saha in on loan

17. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Think Hetinga would be a sold enough signing, guessing Turner is out for a bit as we've managed ok this season with him, Bassong, Bennett and then Martin. I am not really that fussed about Jonas Gutierrez, what has he really done in the past few seasons? Zaha would be a great loan signing but I think there'd be a bit more interest in him then just us.

18. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Yes, us, Swansea, Cardiff and one other i believe have expressed interest in Saha. Not sure he'd come to us, given the choice!

19. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Apparently we're prepared to accept bids of just under £2m for Hoolahan. I know he's 31, but that doesn't sound like much to me.

20. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Becchio had just tweeted saying :

" Good morning everyone, always thank you for your supporting me... ;)"

Can only mean one thing, I think ..