1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Norwich City Transfer Tittle-Tattle Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Dion, May 29, 2012.

1. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Norwich apparently targeting Jonas Gutierrez from Newcastle

2. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Jonas Gutierrez signs on loan until end of season

3. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Not a bad deal I suppose on loan, can't do any harm, and at the end of the day we've needed a reserve winger for a while. As there's been times where we've had to stick with Snoddy and Redmond even when one/both of them are playing poorly.

Swansea apparently are going to bid for Anthony Pilkington. I'm hoping Jonas hasn't just been bought in so that we can sell Pilkington.

4. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    I've not read much positive about Jonas, but fingers crossed!

I hope Pilkington isn't off, too, although he is very injury prone.

5. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Apparently he works hard and isn't bad defensively, but going forward he's pretty poor. Which is a problem really for a winger.

Yeah, I hope Pilkington doesn't leave. When he's on form he's a great player. Shame he is so injury prone.

6. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Just sounds like a really boring player, who will fit into Hughton style of play nicely. We do need a winger but one that is the wrong side of 30 and probably doesn't really have much pace doesn't really fill me with much joy. Correct me if i'm wrong but I think he's become more of a defensive player, maybe in the middle of the pitch? Whether we need that type of player I'm not so sure, but guess he's going to have to do as cover on the flanks.

7. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Could be correct. However I'm not going to write him off before he's kicked a ball for us as he may bring us something different and change the way we play.

One thing you can say is that if he keeps Redmond on the bench then we'll have an exciting outlet to bring off the bench for the last half an hour (or last 6 minutes if you're Hughton).

8. Poole Jack

Poole Jack Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City
    Pilkington injury prone !?! no thanks we have far to many of them already.

9. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Apparently Villa are set to sign Grant Holt. Don't really know what to make of that.

10. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Just read that. He's not getting in the first team there, for some reason, but I would have him back as things stand for us at the moment as we miss that leadership role, and he can score goals!

#530 Canary Fairy, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  11. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Apparently, Celtic interested in taking Snodgrass off us.

12. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I know he's had a crap season compared to last year, but I wouldn't really want to sell him unless we can get a lot of money for him. And even so I wouldn't want us to sell him in January. If he is going to go I would prefer it to be in the summer.

13. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Would love Snoddy at Celtic but I imagine the money Norwich would want for him is out our price range and the position he plays in is not a priority to strengthen atm.

14. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    How much do you reckon you would want for Snodgrass?

£6M has been mentioned up here and we are supposedly trying to get him for £4.5m. He is Celtic daft and the word on the street is he would be prepared to take a wagecut to sign for us.

In a similar way you done with Hooper we could wait until the summer when he only has a year to go and his value starts to drop.

Only rumours right now but I do know it's a boyhood ambition of his to play for us.

15. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    I would say anything above £4 mil is too much especially with Forest hitting form, a lot to pay for someone who might not be an automatic starter.

Saying that I think he would be a great signing. The more good local bhoys playing for the club the better.

16. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I don't think we'd lose him unless he told us he wanted to leave but if so I'd say about £7-8m would do it. He's absolutely integral to everything we do - most of our moves come through him and Martin, he takes all our set-pieces (set up the goal today), we aim for him in the air from goal kicks and he puts in a serious shift when we haven't got the ball.

Some of our fans have laid into him an awful lot this season, mainly because of the way he played last year, but even in a sub-par season from him we'd definitely be a lot worse off without Snoddy.

17. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    We couldn't and wouldn't pay £7m so if we are interested i'd think we'd have to wait until the summer when his price starts to decrease.

18. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Rumours that we've had a £4.8m bid turned down.

19. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Heard that Northampton want Calderwood and Trollope to join their management team. If true, I'd drive them there myself. Another rumour on top of that I heard yesterday from another source is Neil Adams and Darren Huckerby to replace the two aforementned muppets. I'd be happy, again, if true.

20. Canary Fairy

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Taken from the Pink Un website (our local sporting paper)

RUMOUR MILL: Celtic’s Neil Lennon rejects Norwich City boss talk and refuses to be drawn on Robert Snodgrass bid

Lennon refused to be drawn on a Daily Record report of a confirmed interest in the boyhood Celts’ fan after his side extended their lead at the top of the Scottish Premier League with a 3-0 home win over Motherwell on Saturday. Snodgrass set up Ryan Bennett’s winner in the Canaries’ 1-0 Premier League win over Hull City but Lennon batted away questions over a possible January move.

Lennon was less reticent on reports in the Daily Star claiming he is one of the leading candidates to replace Chris Hughton at Carrow Road. Lennon was at Craven Cottage during the week to watch the Canaries’ FA Cup exit at Fulham but the Northern Irishman expects Hughton to be given time to guide Norwich to safety.

It’s just speculation - but I think they won (against Hull) so I’m delighted for Chris. I think he’ll be safe for another while,” he said. “He’s doing a good job there and keeping them out of the bottom three. I cannot help the speculation, I’m flattered, but he’s a good man and a good manager in that job so good luck to him.”

#540 Canary Fairy, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014