1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Norwich City Transfer Tittle-Tattle Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Dion, May 29, 2012.

1. Dion

Dion Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Nobody in then. Hughton must have faith in his current squad but, that being the case, he needs to start getting more out of them because a lot of clubs around us have strengthened while we've stood still. Maybe we think we're safer than we are given our league position?

The positive to come out of deadline day is that Wes is still here, although obviously so disillusioned that he's unlikely to feature much. I hope Hughton has a rabbit up his sleeve because we're going down if we continue our recent level of performances for much longer.

2. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Really disappointed with our deadline day. Happy Wes is still here, but after calling the club f*cking sh*t (which to be fair he's not wrong at the moment) I can't see him featuring too much as you say. Jonas Gutierrez isn't good enough or fit enough to start (which says a lot), and although Yobo could be a good signing, Ryan Bennett and Bassong are doing alright at the moment. The main problem is creating chances and scoring goals, but we haven't addressed that at all.

With the exception of Stoke and WBA (who haven't really done much) all the teams below us have improved:

Cardiff: K.Jones, Zaha, Fabio etc
    Fulham: Mitroglou, Holtby, Kvist etc
    West Ham: Armero, Nocerino, Borriello etc
    Sunderland: Bridcutt, Scocco, Alonso etc
    Palace: Dann, Ince, Ledley etc
    Hull: Jelavic, Long.

With the squad we already have we should be easily staying up anyway, but I still am a little bit worried. I'm still relatively confident we won't go down, but I'm still a little bit annoyed.

#582 NcfcDin, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  3. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    I can't see how things are going to improve for the rest of the season. Same manager, and more or less the same squad. We were woeful, at home (first half), just last Tuesday. Worrying to say the least.

4. canary10

canary10 Registered User

Supports:
    Norwich City
    I am surprised we did not bring 1 attack minded player in given the problems we have in that department, the fact our most creative player is slagging off the club, and pretty much all of our rivals brought at least one player in that department. Its just a big risk really, maybe the club wont let Hughton spend anymore money and are just praying we'll stay up and give a new manager a good budget?

I just cannot believe there wasn't a striker or a amc something like that. A new player in that department might come in and score a few goals in the next few games and we'd be nearly safe? I know Kamara wasn't exactly prolific but he made an impact, played a big part in that massive win againt Everton I seem to remember.

Jonas is a an ok loan signing to bolster the midfield but he's hardly going to make a massive impact on games IMO. We needed another CB with Turner out and Yobo is fine.

5. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    We're interested in signing Kyle Naughton apparently, who has admitted that he would like to leave Spurs in the summer. West Ham and Villa are also interested though. Would be very happy with this signing.

6. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Rumour has it, Steve Clarke is going to be in charge soon. He's been watching the games recently, so he's ready to take over, as and when.

7. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Don't see the point in changing it now tbh. Especially to Clarke, who was sacked earlier this season with his team in a similar position to us.

I reckon we should just stick it out til the end of the season, pray we stay up, and then sack Hughton in the summer, and go all out to get Di Matteo.

8. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Celtic fans on the Scottish forum are saying that they've all but completed the signing of Snoddy for £3.5m.

I know it's the last year of his contract next year, and we're going down, but I would be surprised if he went for that.

9. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    Good News:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...romotion_back_to_the_premier_league_1_3609367

10. NcfcDin

NcfcDin Hold The Door

Supports:
    Norwich City
    David Fox and Carlo Nash have been released. Not surprised tbh, I would've liked us to keep Fox on though, as he's one of the only squad members that was here last time we were in the Championship.

Presumably this means that the other out of contract players, Pilkington, Tettey, Turner and Bunn, will stay on.