1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Race To League One

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Panja, Oct 4, 2020.

1. tiltontrev

tiltontrev **~Key Worker~**

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    Be there a while trying to find a brain in some of our lot!!!

Arkwright likes this.
  2. Millerbri

Millerbri Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United

A second Covid outbreak among the Millers this season has seen three matches called off and fuming Birmingham City boss Aitor Karanka wants the EFL to take action.

The Blues are one place and three points above third-bottom Rotherham who now have three games in hand.

Karanka said: “This is the second time they have postponed games for the Covid situation.

“They are going to play the (rearranged) games maybe when the other teams know their positions and it isn’t going to be the same.”

The Spaniard, whose outburst came after Millers postponements against Brentford and Luton Town but before this weekend’s visit of Coventry was also ruled out, added: “They are going to play the games when they are rested, they are going to play against Brentford when maybe they (Brentford) are in the Premier League or they are already in the play-off positions.
    “It is something the EFL need to check because I don’t think it is normal. It is unfair.”

3. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Maybe Rotherham been on a secret jaunt to COVID hotspot Spain?:whistleSTFU Karanka, if you were a better coach you wouldn't be in the position you in....

Millerbri likes this.
  4. Millerbri

Supports:
    Rotherham United

TBF to Birmingham fans, lots of them said he was just trying to deflect criticism away from his own poor decisions.

David Bird, Arkwright and tiltontrev like this.
  5. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    He has made a difference but it's not like he's come in and they are all of a sudden a different team. You can tell he has quality and is a big factor in the performances. I think the midfield is our strongest area, Hamer, O'Hare and James have been exceptional this season.

Cov have hit the post more than anyone in the league, I know it's a random fact but if a few of them had snuck in, we would be sitting prettier. (State the obvious, I know!)

Generally our performances in the past month or so, are night and day from the start of the season. We look more like a championship club now. Early in the season, teams would play a high press and we couldn't get out. It would lead to a hoof up field or a loss off possession, often in a dangerous position. We would have the odd passage of play where we would take it to the opposition but now it's far more even.

I said if we were out of the bottom 6 come the end of Feb (horrendous run of tricky games), I said we would stay up. It's far from over but I do think we'll scrape enough points to stay up.

4 wins to go!

6. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    :cheers: Cheers pal, me too! I've got a few Derby friends and they wrote off the season a while ago, the important thing to them was to stay up and go again next year. There's no chance you're down here again next year.

The ground has been confirmed and if we can manage to stay up, we should be able to invest to stabilise the club in the Championship.

If the Ricoh news hadn't come and if we had stayed up. With the budget available, it would only be a matter of time before Cov got relegated.

7. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    100% the case, trying to divert attention from his woefully inadequate performance given the squad he has at his disposable.

shaka and Arkwright like this.
  8. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Karanka has always taken after his mentor Jose, blaming everyone else apart from himself

tiltontrev and Arkwright like this.
  9. Millerbri

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    It's never a good idea for a manager to criticise how other teams conduct their affairs.
    Warne's team talk is already done for him when we play on 17th April.

Arkwright likes this.
  10. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Pheeeeeeew!

hopefully panic over!

Ooh-to-be-a... likes this.
  11. Lew-T

Lew-T Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    I’d be pretty worried if I was Brum.

12. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    They've been flirting with relegation the longest & for too long. They'll drop down eventually, and this season looks set to be it unless Rotherham do nowt.

13. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    Just listened to Karanka's post match interview, he's basically said he's doing everything right, he doesn't believe in looking at league tables, and would absolutely not consider resigning, WOW he's seriously lost the plot.

Turns out we're lucky to have him!!!:enditall

Worst part of it all is we'll be relegated, of that I'm certain, but that cowardice **** won't have had to face the fans once.

shaka and Panja like this.
  14. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I couldn't believe that interview either, at least your captain Harlee Dean sounded gutted and took some responsibility

tiltontrev likes this.
  15. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    God honest truth I thought it was one of those spoof mad lips things, the fact it was actually real is completely baffling.

I expect Dean will be dropped next game, he pretty much said nobody has any faith in what they’re being asked to do, a clear swipe at Krankie, expect not to see him for a while.

16. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    I saw Harley Dean do a shoulder shrug celebration tonight!

Well things got a lot interesting! Derby drawing (they will be safe) and Blues winning today. Our bad result at Luton means that out game Vs Wycombe on Saturday is a must win.

17. shaka

shaka Registered User

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    It was funny wasn’t it :D

ccfctommy likes this.
  18. Millerbri

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    READ | EFL Statement: Covid-19 test results

According to the link above the EFL recorded 25 cases of Covid for its 72 Clubs, for dates 8th to 14th March.
    71 of those Clubs recorded no cases at all.

So it's just us then?
    Too much hugging and kissing after Ladapo's stoppage time goal at Hillsborough.

On the positive side there can't be many of the squad left that can catch it.

19. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    That's ludicrous. Deserves investigating.

20. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Someone has probably had a party or meet up - just not been caught posting it on social media like Andre Gray did!