1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

The Race To League One

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Panja, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Maple Triangle

Maple Triangle Registered User

Supports:
    Luton
    I post some facts about the game and you can't defend your argument, Been in the jungle too long mancub.

Panja likes this.
  2. RednBlacklife

RednBlacklife Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Yes we’ll see. Luton fans I know were generally positive, not OTT, so that will do.

3. CMJH

CMJH Guest

Forest lads looking forward to Bristol Rovers away?

Panja likes this.
  4. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    In fairness I don’t think any tarts would want him after how shit he was at Stoke

5. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    We are contenders in this.

6. HappilyLost

HappilyLost Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    I admire your optimism, but being out-shot by Luton 16 to 5 is a sign of relegation fodder regardless of refereeing decisions, what is even worse for yourselves, is that all the other teams who were tipped for Relegation are doing okay (apart from Barnsley). You also lost at home to Rotherham 1-0, that was one of your more winnable games on paper.

You would have to sign a whole new starting 11 to have any chance of staying up in this league, there is a reason why at 37 Adebayo hasn't played above Championship level. He just isn't that good, and Championship defenders have enough about them to deal with him and the second balls.

I saw him play for us, and he was barely good enough for League One at the time (he was 28 back then as well) and was more of a "meme" striker.

Best long term plan for Wycombe is to bank the money they earn from this season and plan for next year in League One to come back up.

Panja likes this.
  7. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Hot off the press that one Ark :)

CMJH and Arkwright like this.
  8. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    You coming back up bud or will we be sparring in L1 lol?

Addick By Nature likes this.
  9. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Unlikely this year mate, I’ll save a seat for you downstairs.

Arkwright likes this.
  10. Millerbri

Millerbri Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    We have started ok but have lost 4 points to injury time equalisers in the last 2 games at Brum and home to Huddersfield.

We will almost certainly be in this section because hard work only takes you so far and we will inevitably succumb to moments of quality that we didn't face in league 1.

It can be really good when you turn over some of the big teams up here and the team puts in a good performance, but there's not the same connection this season watching on I follow.
    Let's hope we can open up grounds after Christmas.

I hope we can stay up for Tony Stewart and Warney's management team but I won't be crying too much if we go down as I prefer the away days in league 1 TBH.
    What you do miss in League 1 is the away followings providing better atmospheres at NYS but that's not happening anyway.

Anyway we could finish with another PPG season the way things are going with Covid 19, that plus the fact a few more teams could finish up with points deductions it's going to be difficult to predict how the league will shape this season.

That's where we do have an advantage because we break even or near enough every season TS won't risk the club's future by over-stretching our finances, he will take the Championship money and spend it in league 1 to try and get us back up.

11. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Shaping up to be an interesting race this year. I *think* we’ll be ok in the end with Hughton steadying the ship (we’ve only lost once under him so far, albeit with kind fixtures).

You’d expect Derby to turns things around under a new manager (although their squad does look bereft of quality this season outside of Lawrence, Waghorn and Shinnie - if they get key injuries they may we’ll be in trouble).

Wednesday hard to call - they look like they should have enough to get out of it with the reduced penalty but haven’t lit the world on fire.

Probably hard to look past the 3 promoted teams + Barnsley as the most likely candidates still? Wycombe have rallied recently but have a big gap to bridge. Whereas Cov are playing well and still losing - never a great sign. Rotherham seem to have adapted the best so far.

12. Taybren

Taybren Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    Derby going down would be extremely funny

13. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    Think we can safely say Wycombe will go down.

Sorry @Mowgli

14. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    They won't!

15. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    What makes you say that

16. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    They've got just about enough quality to go with an absolute desire to defy the odds. On top of that there is plenty of dross in this division, like Derby, who will help to keep Wycombe up

JoshBCFC and Mowgli like this.
  17. maybee

maybee Registered User

Supports:
    brentford

you could be right , but I cant see THREE teams worse, lets make it interesting have a charity bet , say £50 .. my choice is Macmillan cancer support,

Tomohawk likes this.
  18. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I'd like to agree with one of my own but I can't. I thought they would be competitive and they are starting to be now but there's not enough quality for them to stay up

19. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    We love being the underdogs,nobody expected us to get promoted from League 2 and then League 1 but we did. We're a team that will never give up under Ainsworth and Dobson and our injured players are almost ready to play again after training this week.
    It makes me laugh when i see comments like yours what do you actually know about Wycombe?

JoshBCFC likes this.
  20. Taybren

Taybren Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    it makes me laugh as well mate... there is no way anyone can say that at this point of the season..