1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

THE vaccine thread

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Canary Fairy, Mar 4, 2021.

1. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Luckily just a sore arm for me.

TLC and StretfordEnd like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham

You've been able to bring forward your vaccine date for a little while already. However you can now see availability before having to cancel your existing booking. Might be useful for some of you waiting for your second dose.

I've just moved mine forward from the 15th of August to the 31st of July. It's only a couple of weeks but means I'll be fully vaccinated at the end of July :)

3. Addick By Nature

Addick By Nature Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Mate of mine had his second jab Friday just gone, 4 weeks after his first. Seems quite quick?

4. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    Bracing myself for my second Pfizer jab. Couldn't come at a worse time since my roommate is leaving DC and I have to find a new place to live by the end of the month. Not at all happy about wasting my weekend to this now.

Out of curiosity, after how many weeks do you get the second jab in the UK?

5. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Mine was just over 2 months but the government are trying to get everyone to get their 2nd jab sooner than that.

Tshabs likes this.
  6. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    Pre-emptively taking paracetamol has worked well so far following my second Pfizer shot. To be fair, I've literally slept for the last 15 hours, only waking up to eat and pound in some paracetamol, but I feel almost normal now that I have woken up finally. I don't feel 100% and still feel fatigued, but no headache, fever, or flu-like symptoms.

StretfordEnd likes this.
  7. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Bring me sunshine :)

Supports:
    The Canaries
    My daughter, 30, had her first Pfizer jab on Thursday. She wasn’t keen on having it as she’s unsure about the whole vaccine thing. Unfortunately her friend is a huge anti vaccine girl, so that didn’t help.

She was poorly Friday and Saturday and wasn’t impressed as she said she wouldn’t have felt like it without the jab. Glad she’s had it and told her it would have been worse if she contracted Covid

StretfordEnd likes this.
  8. Frosty

Frosty Champions Of Europe

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I got my first jab (Pfizer) a few weeks back, now I was worried about getting it due to reading the negatives about it etc. Did you have any effects from your first? Or was it the same for both, as I only had a dead arm for a day and half. No other effects, like bad head, tiredness etc.

Due my second on August 25th I think it is.

9. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    I was fatigued and got headaches after my first jab but they went away after I slept for 12+ hours. The negatives all sound a bit overblown now that I've got both doses but IMO, it makes sense to reserve a day of nothing but rest for the first dose and two such days for the second dose. The effects were gone entirely in one day after my first jab but its taken two days for the fatigue to reduce since my second jab, despite the pre-emptive paracetamols. Definitely prevented the headaches though.

10. Frosty

Frosty Champions Of Europe

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah I agree. After my first one I just had a dead arm, nothing more than that. No headaches, no fatigue, and slept my normal hours that I did before getting it done, and felt no different.

I just wondered if it was the second dose that gave you symptoms, so if you received them almost identical to the first one then really my second should be no more than a dead arm.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Tshabs likes this.
  11. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    I had a sore arm after the first, and a slightly sorer(?) arm after the 2nd, no dead arms or headaches.

TLC likes this.
  12. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Got my second Pfizer jab booked in for Saturday morning :D. Only 7 weeks since my first jab so the roll out of second doses definitely seems to be accelerating.

JTC77, TLC, Mowgli and 2 others like this.
  13. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Brought my second jab forward from 31st July to 9th July.

TLC and StretfordEnd like this.
  14. valefrommow

valefrommow Registered User

Supports:
    port vale
    At current rates of vaccinations I think we will be finished with 1st doses in 2 weeks so should be able to bring forward 2nds for younger people.

Super_horns likes this.
  15. Cheesy-Chips

Supports:
    P.A.F.C & West Ham United.
    Had my 2nd jab last week. Thank gawd I didn't react like I did on the first one. I felt like absolute crap for 3 days!

16. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Small Fry against The Big Fish

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Nice to see a healthy queue outside of London Road this morning with people getting 1st & 2nd under the slogan ' Posh giving Covid the red card ' :off:

TLC likes this.
  17. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Had my first jab earlier, arm was fine at first earlier but 4 hours later it’s starting to kill :laugh:

TLC, The Doc and StretfordEnd like this.
  18. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Double vaccinated now :D. I'm going to the British Grand Prix in 3 weeks time so I'll be just in time to qualify for the vaccine passport and avoid having to take a lateral flow test. Happy days.

19. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Yeah that's exactly what happened to me after the first one. Then ached quite a lot the following day. Was practically gone by day 3 and no other effects like headaches and so on.

So far my arm is aching less after this second jab than it did after the first.

20. TLC

TLC FF's OverWench
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Drink plenty of water and take the recommended dose of paracetamol it really does help xx