1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wolves vs Brighton

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by DunblaneWolf, Nov 1, 2022.

1. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno

Moutinho Neves Boubacar

Adama Hwang Podence

SUBS: Sarkic, Aït-Nouri, Mosquera, Jonny, Gomes, Hodge, Guedes, Campbell, Ronan

Costa out, going to assume Nunes is out as well. Can't see anything but a comfortable Brighton win here.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Garrincha likes this.
  2. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC & Worthing FC
    It would be nice for De Zerbi to string a couple of wins together before the World Cup break. Don’t think we can really change the team after beating Chelsea

Sanchez
    Groß - Dunk - Webster - Pervis
    Caicedo - Mac Allister
    March - Lallana - Mitoma
    Trossard ​

Only potential changes are Veltman and Welbeck if they’re fit, but even then I don’t think they should come straight back in.

3. Dunk's Donuts

Dunk's Donuts Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton
    Would like to keep a clean sheet here seeing as wolves seem to be incapable of scoring at the moment, but knowing how Brighton operate it's more likely that we'll concede 3

As an aside, if we can win this and beat villa next week there's a very realistic possibility of going into the world cup break with us in 6th (given Chelsea's and Fulham's fixtures)

It won't happen, but that would be an absolutely beautiful sight for a month and a half

4. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Could potentially have Lope in for Saturday. All the noises are that he's agreed a deal and is just waiting on international clearance.

5. Garrincha

Garrincha Football, Math, Cubing

Supports:
    Bayern Munich, Liverpool
    Prediction: 1-1

6. JPOYNTER

JPOYNTER Registered User

Supports:
    Worthing FC
    Looks like I'm headed to this one after the last minute strike suspension. I would like to say that we can carry the performance from last week into tomorrow, but as seen from weeks prior we've struggled with a low block so it could go either way.

Reckon 1-0 Brighton

7. Dunk's Donuts

Supports:
    Brighton
    Well there goes the clean sheet

8. upper90

upper90 Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    This is an example of why the handball law is ridiculous. By definition it's handball, but it's so tight and soft that they're now looking for offside so they can rule it out altogether, because the law is harsh. It hits his arm, yes, but he was inches from the ball when it was struck and it grazed his elbow without changing trajectory, so the handball didn't really do anything. Var is literally trying to overrule the handball law here

9. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC & Worthing FC
    We beat a shit team for once. What is this witchcraft from De Zerbi?

10. Dunk's Donuts

Supports:
    Brighton
    So close lol.

Also Europe's back on the menu boyz. Just need arsenal to give Chelsea a spanking tomorrow

Garrincha likes this.
  11. Bonjers

Bonjers Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Semedo and Jonny competing at a high level this season. Deary me. We've got a massive problem at right back. Jonny has been one of my favourites of recent times, but he's done. Real shame.

Collins and Kilman are nervy. They need a wise head next to them for a while to settle them down.

At least Guedes looked something like a footballer today. That front 3 made me sick on first viewing.

Lopetegui has a massive job on his hands. CB, RB, and a CF are absolute musts early doors in January.

Brighton should be targeting Europe this season - proper outfit.

DFP likes this.
  12. MagpieBee

MagpieBee Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    Said it after we played them, Mitoma looks a real talent. So good.

13. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Not being sold to sportswashing cnuts and becoming vile scum like City or Newcastle
    Watching MOTD and just seen one of the the worst dives I've seen in years in this game by Wellbeck. And the referee fell for it and gave the free kick. Fortunately, the attempt was saved.

14. Dunk's Donuts

Supports:
    Brighton
    I don't think it's a dive. It looks to me like there's contact between Welbeck's trailing leg and the wolves player, and the wolves player doesn't really protest it which makes some contact between them seem even more likely. When you're running at speed it can only take a small knock to send you off balance and tumbling over.

Welbeck does fall over late (and it looks like he kicks his own leg before falling as well), but to me that seems to be because he's stumbling while trying to stay on his feet, so I can't fault him there.

All that being said, I don't think it was really a foul. Welbeck's the one cutting in front so I'd say he's mainly at fault for the contact between them in that situation

15. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Weirdly really enjoyed the game on Sat even though we lost. The way De Zerbi has Brighton playing is really good to watch, short passing at the back to beat the press and then skilful players like Mitoma stretching the play. Hopefully Lope can come in and install a proper identity in us as we've not had anything like that since before lockdown.

We were fairly rubbish but actually stuck with it and if it wasn't for Semedo letting his teammates down with one of the worst performances I've seen from a fullback at this level might've held on for a point against a good side.

1 more defeat against Arsenal coming up but hopefully after that we can push on under the new manager and stay in this division.

DFP likes this.